7 Advantages of Using WordPress for Your Website
What platform are you using for your current website? Chances are that you’re using WordPress; a popular platform that has been around since 2003. WordPress is a widely used content management system; a platform that aids the management of your website. Statistics show that WordPress powers over 25 percent of websites (and given there are well over 1 billion websites online today, that’s quite a lot of websites!). So, what are the advantages of using WordPress to build your website?
At Fusionvegas, our Las Vegas web design team are intimately familiar with WordPress. Given these statistics, they have little choice. WordPress websites receive over 20 billion pageviews every month – yes, that’s right – 20 billion pageviews. At the risk of understating the matter, that’s quite a lot of online interaction! There are reasons why WordPress has become so popular, a platform that continues to experience enormous growth in the digital world. Below, we review seven such reasons.
Advantages of Using WordPress
These WordPress advantages can be summarized as ease-of-use, control, versatility, functionality, scalability and cost.
- Ease-of-use – WordPress is remarkably easy to use, even for the Internet novice. It’s a well-structured platform whose use becomes second nature after a couple of uses. You don’t need to spend hours and hours researching code and programming; the features are listed and their use is, in many respects, self-explanatory.
- Control – following on from ease-of-use, WordPress allows users complete control over their website. You don’t need to hire an expert to make minor modifications to your website. You can now do these changes yourself. This saves both time and hassle. You can also log-in to WordPress from any browser, at any time. All you need is an Internet connection.
- Familiarity – given how ubiquitous and well-structured WordPress is, search-engines favor its use over other, more cumbersome platforms. In fact, search engines – such as Google – have openly declared that they recommend WordPress use. Coding of WordPress websites is remarkably efficient – meaning pages are easier to rank on search engine results pages, too.
- Versatile– there are well over 10,000 WordPress plugins; allowing you to adapt and change your website at a moment’s notice. Many plugins are free, whereas others cost a small fee. Design, too, can be enhanced in a matter of seconds. There are now thousands of WordPress templates available on the net – giving you the opportunity to create a well-designed website that matches the brand and theme of your business.
- Functional– want to add content to your website? WordPress could not make this process easier. Whether you own a blog or a small business website, WordPress allows you to add pages and posts with minimal effort. You can update your website easier than ever before, without needing to refer to a programming expert. You can make your posts shareable, SEO-optimized and much more.
- Scalable – linking into functionality is how scalable WordPress can be. You can use the same platform to grow your website over many months and years. Adding these pages and posts does not compromise the performance of your website. WordPress allows you to have a thriving online presence like never before; one of the best advantages of using WordPress for your website.
- Cost – WordPress is cost friendly. Whether you want a simply designed website or a sophisticated design with enhanced functionality, WordPress has something for everyone and at a budget that suits your needs. You don’t need to spend thousands of dollars creating a website; you can now create a successful website from the comfort of your own home. This explains why WordPress has become so dominant in the past 15 years.
There are, of course, many more advantages of using WordPress for your website. We’ve reviewed just some of the main benefits. Whether it’s control, familiarity or versatility, functionality, scalability or cost – WordPress remains a content management system to reckon with. If you’re not familiar with how to use WordPress, there are innumerable online guides and YouTube videos to help you out. Within an hour, you can get to grips with the fundamentals of what is an excellent digital platform.
Our Las Vegas web design team use WordPress as our digital platform. As we have learned, WordPress is not only advantageous for the web designer but also for the end user, too. WordPress offers a second-to-none web user experience; a platform we openly endorse for aspiring website owners. Check out some of our excellent web designs we created using WordPress as the content management system. The advantages of using WordPress are manifold; a platform that forms the basis of your success in the online world.
Fusionvegas is a Las Vegas web design and SEO company; a digital agency that creates unique designs and offers the very best search-engine optimization services. Return to our blog for even more posts on how digital marketing can transform your business.